Wednesday 21 May 2014

X FESTIVAL: SUMMATIVE EVALUATION

During this module, I feel that I have chosen something that was relevant to what I want to do in my future practice which is working in music and events orientated design. In doing this I have really enjoyed every element of this brief and it has given me the benefit to explore into a realm of design that I want to do when I graduate.

However during this module I feel I have had a lot of ups and downs in regards to making a vast majority of items for the brief, I felt I really could have excelled a lot more in creating more physical outcomes but due to cost and juggling other modules, my time management skills really lacked and that is where I felt really disappointed with myself and the final outcome of the brief. 

I also think that the presentation of my work for submission really lacked, due to time constraints with working on developing another brief within the module I felt that the presentation of my work fell short. I also printed out old boards and branded guidelines which I felt again ruined the presentation of my work which I will take as lesson and will grow from this as designer and take more care in how I finally present my work.

With these weakness identified, I do think on a more positive note that I have acquired a lot more skills in this practical part of the brief that I initially wanted to experiment with, such as spray painting which is something I have never done before and was something I felt I did really well in. I also edited a created my own promotional video with the help of other online footage, and again this is something that I have never done before, but through research and determination I was able to create a video that I felt look quite professional and represented my brand ethos.

Overall I think this brief has been a good learning curve for me as a designer and is something I will come back to again in level 06 and develop even further into something that I initially wanted to create. With the work I have created I do aim to send over my work to PIN studio for feedback and hopefully a possible placement in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment