Wednesday 21 May 2014

RESEARCH PUBLICATION: FINAL RECTIFICATIONS

After speaking to Lorraine about my research book, she advised me to print out my research book again due to the thinness of my font. Some of the words within the publication were missing.

As detailed in the pictures below I changed my font from Lane - Narrow to Helvetica to ensure that it would be printed out correctly.



before


after

Due to me not realising the faults within my book I had to reprint it and bind it on the day of the full module hand in, which left me little to no time to get everything sorted for the submission. I was really annoyed with myself for doing this as this year this something that I have not done before and just left my work down to really bad time management.

Despite me not having a print slot I went to university at 6:45 am and waited outside the print room for drop in to ensure that I could get my book reprinted. Luckily I was able to do this and started to go through the same process of creating my book again.




(soldiering through, on 2hrs sleep!)


Finally I cut out all of my designs and after that the next step was for me to bind my work with the screw biding technique.


I set my book into order and using bull clips and paper I secured my book in place. I attempted to bind my book in the library but due to the thickness of my book I had to go down to wood work and find another alternative.

Luckily Matt helped me make a hole my creating two small A6 wooden boards to put on top of my work and drilled holes into my book for the fastening to fit into.



Unfortunately after reprinting my book and attempting to bind my book, the pin was put a little too far down on my book so that it cut off some of the words in the book and made it hard to read. I was again really annoyed with myself for leaving it so late and I should have made more time to make these rectification's before the submission date.

However I was very happy with my attitude towards doing this I was determined to make sure I handed in a really well crafted book and with a few minor defects overall I was really please with how my book had developed my experimentations with a multitude of stocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment